CANADA GAMES COUNCIL - 2009-2017 STRATEGIC PLAN
The Canada Games Council mandate is outlined in the 1997 Clear Lake Agreement. This strategic framework reflects the Canada Games Council’s strategy to deliver its mandated functions.
The Canada Games Council ensures the Canada Games are delivered as a unique, premium, nation-building, multi-sport event and are strengthened as a property.
The Canada Games are a premium, nation-building, multi-sport event that enrich Canadian culture and create lasting legacies.
We are ethical, inclusive and strive for excellence in all that we do while acting with integrity, honesty and respect for others. We work collaboratively with our partners in an accountable and responsive manner.
1. To be widely recognized by Canadians as a unique, premium, nation-building multi-sport event for youth, that creates enduring legacies for the Canada Games property and sport in host communities, provinces and territories.
2. To maximize the leadership role of the Canada Games in connecting Canadians and increasing the value they place on sport while ensuring the Canada Games is a significant contributor to the Canadian sport system.
3. To implement an efficient, effective and interactive Canada Games Transfer of Knowledge Program to support host societies in delivering the Canada Games.
4. To create a sustainable organization through efficient and effective operations, mechanisms for stakeholder engagement and government relations and the development of innovative investment opportunities for individuals and strategic partners.
1. Hosting standards and Sport Technical packages will be consistent with the Canada Games brand and support the vision, mission and values of the Canada Games Council.
2. In our decision making:
-We give priority to athletes’ optimal care, comfort, safety and enjoyment;
-We are inclusive with regards to participation and allocation of resources;
-We seek input from stakeholders at the formative stages;
-We consider sustainability;
-We are innovative, flexible and support informed risk taking.
3. Volunteers will be valued and recognized for their critical contribution to the success of the Canada Games
4. Continuous improvement will be an integral part of the Canada Games Council culture.
Key Success Measures
KSM #1 Athlete/Team Satisfaction
Provincial/Territorial teams’ satisfaction with the service levels at the Games is at least an average of 4 out of a 5 point Likert scale.
KSM #2 Key Partner Evaluation
F-P/T Governments, Host Societies and NSOs rate the CGC an average of 4 on a 5 point Likert scale with respect to Council’s performance in delivering on its goals.
KSM #3 Marketing Perception and Presence
Polling identifies the Canada Games as one of the top Canadian amateur sporting events of importance to Canadians.
KSM #4 Sponsor and Fund Development Growth
A roster of multi-games sponsors resulting in minimum $5.0M in sponsorship/suppliers for each Games through CGC/Host sponsorship team approach.
Sustainable fundraising initiatives generate $500,000 to CGC operations annually.