Assists in the central operations centre at Games Time.
Duties: The Games Operations Centre operates as a central facility providing communication and problem resolution support between venues and senior volunteers and staff. Responsible for:
- Maintaining problem log and update status.
- Monitoring and tracking of solutions to identified issues.
- Contacting “decision makers” based on direction from GOC supervisor/manager
- Contacting weather forecasters at least twice a day re changing conditions.
- Monitoring local radio stations re issues and monitor local weather channels.
- Bringing issues to the attention of the GOC supervisor and or manager.
Skills: Dependable, good communication skills, well organized, follows established process
Basic computer skills; low physical activity
Duties: The Games Operations Centre operates as a central facility during Games-time providing communication and problem resolution support between venues and senior volunteers and staff.
- Responsible for supervision of the Games Operations Centre (GOC) volunteer crew and reports to GOC managers.
- Assists in the commissioning and decommissioning of the GOC
- Assists GOC managers with preparation of briefings through the logging of incidents and the resolution process by the GOC crew
Skills: Supervisory experience, multi-tasker, clear thinker, process oriented
Basic computer skills; low physical activity.