BE A PART OF OUR MOMENT
This is your opportunity to be a part of the largest event in central Alberta’s history! From February 15 until March 3, 2019, Red Deer will host the nation. By volunteering, you will help create a life-shaping experience for the 3,600 athletes, managers and coaches competing in the 2019 Games and more than 20,000 visitors to our community. The volunteer program is presented by Tim Hortons.
We need the enthusiasm and hospitality of over 5,000 volunteers to help in all areas. From transportation to food services, minor officials to bloggers, there is a volunteer role for everyone with the 2019 Canada Winter Games. We encourage all individuals over 16 (as of February 1, 2019) to apply.
Volunteer perks include:
- Volunteer uniform
- Exclusive training
- Flexible scheduling
- Making new connections
- Post-Games recognition event
We are looking for volunteers to assist at venues in Red Deer, Kananaskis and Calgary. Here are a few things you should know before starting your application form:
- The minimum age for volunteers is 16 years of age, as of February 1, 2019.
- You will need a valid email address.
- It will take up to 15 minutes to complete the application form; ensure that you have enough time to complete the application in one sitting because you will not be able to save a partially completed application.
- If you indicate having any certifications, you will be required to provide proof of such certification through the screening and selection process.
- You will need information for one emergency contact.
- Should you become inactive for more than 30 minutes, the application form will time you out.
- The system does not save your work until you click “Apply.”
- You will be asked to create a password for your profile. Keep this password in a safe place, as you will need it to login to your profile.
- Questions? Please have a look at our frequently asked questions page for more information.
- We are happy to answer additional questions or assist in the completion of your application. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alright! Be a part of our moment and begin your volunteer journey with the 2019 Games.
If you have questions about volunteering, contact our Volunteer Services team at email@example.com or 403.309.8419.