The AACP is a partnership between the Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC), the Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal Sport Bodies (PTASBs), the Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives (PTCRs), the Canada Games Council (CGC), and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). The program provides the opportunity for each province and territory to send 2 coaches of aboriginal ancestry to the Canada Games in apprenticeship roles. Please click here for a list of participating sports.
Objectives of the AACP
- Build coaching capacity within aboriginal communities;
- Provide aboriginal apprentice coaches with domestic multi-sport games exposure;
- Provide aboriginal apprentice coaches with professional development and learning opportunities to prepare them for high level coaching and ensure an increase in their level of NCCP ion to a minimum of Competition – Development, Trained. (Apprentices complete training within 12 months following the Games);
- Expose aboriginal apprentice coaches to elite/high performance coaches; and
- Ensure aboriginal apprentice coaches are prepared to handle a meaningful role during the Canada Games experience.
If you are interested in applying for the Women in Coaching Canada Games Apprenticeship Program please visit this CAC webpage for more information.