Here are some of the rewards students earn, and prizes they can win:
Students and Classrooms will EARN rewards
- As students gain experience points (XP points), they also earn Canada Games Coins that can be spent in the Activity Challenge store. With coins, students can purchase accessories and customize their online character! This is all accessed through each student’s secure online profile.
- Throughout the modules, classes unlock videos from great Canadian leaders. Videos are delivered via regular newsletters to teachers and parents.
- All students who have completed a module receive a certificate of completion from the Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada.
Students and Classrooms can WIN prizes
- At the end of each module, students from each province & territory can win Canada Games prize packs. Packs include 50th Anniversary and provincial team cheer items!
- Classes across Canada can win Panago Pizza Parties at the end of each module.
- One class in each province and territory win a virtual hangout with Paralympian Bo Hedges or Olympian Jennifer Heil.
- GRAND PRIZE: 13 students who have participated in the Canada Games Activity Challenge win a FREE trip for them and a guardian to attend the Closing Ceremonies and medal round games of the 2017 Canada Summer Games in Winnipeg this August.
The program is only made possible through our hard working Canadian teachers, so we have prizes for you, too:
- At the end of the program, we award teachers from 13 schools (1 from each province and territory) with free staff lunches, sponsored by Luvo.
There are many ways to be entered to win prizes:
- With every XP point earned, registered students with individual profiles are increasing their chances to win.
- With every completed session, students and classes increase their chances to win! The more team, training and bonus sessions completed, the more chances you have to win.
- We designed the program to be most fun for students who have individual student profiles, but, if teachers are unable to add students to their online classrooms, that’s okay too. Without any students in a classroom, teachers still have access to the daily challenges on the teacher dashboard, and the classes still earn points towards prizing with every completed session.
Module 1 is underway, but it’s not too late to join in and start earning rewards and the chance to win prizes. Teachers, register before Module 2 kicks off on March 27, 2017: canadagames.ca/activitychallenge.
If you have questions, please contact our support team at: email@example.com